The new residents want to buy our furniture. Can we leave it in the house for them?
Yes! But, some paperwork needs to be completed first to ensure that:
- The incoming residents actually want the furniture from the outgoing residents, and
- The furniture is not removed or damaged, during the make-ready process.
To meet those two objectives, follow this process:
- The incoming residents should send a Request through the Resident Center, listing the items that the outgoing residents may leave in the home;
- We will reply with an Authorization Email;
- The incoming residents should forward the Authorization Email to the outgoing residents;
- The outgoing residents should:
- Place or group the item(s) in the center of the room, with 2′ clearance around the item(s).
- Cover the item(s) with a sheet.
- Attach a copy of the Authorization Email to EACH item or group of items.
If 2′ clearance between the furniture and the walls is not possible, please move the furniture to a common area room that will provide that clearance.
Please note that this process is only applicable for furniture. Personal items (like clothing, housewares, and other small items) should not remain in the house during the make-ready process.Share this information: