The new tenants want to buy some of our furniture. Can we do that?
Many of our outgoing tenants and incoming tenants know each other, which means that sometimes the incoming tenants purchase furniture from the outgoing tenants. During this process, we want to ensure that:
- The incoming tenants actually want the furniture that the outgoing tenants are leaving, and
- The furniture is not removed or damaged, during the make-ready process.
To meet those two objectives, we’ve put together the following process:
- The incoming tenants should send us a Message through the Tenant Portal, listing the items that the out-going tenants may leave in the property;
- We will reply with an Authorization Email;
- The incoming tenants should forward the Authorization Email to the outgoing tenants;
- The outgoing tenants should:
- Place or group the item(s) in the center of the common area.
- Cover the item(s) with a sheet.
- Attach a copy of the authorization email to EACH item or group of items.
Please note that this process is only applicable for furniture. Personal items (like clothing, housewares, and other small items) should not remain in the house during the make-ready process.Share this information: