Why did my payment get returned?
The returned payment notification includes a reason at the bottom of the Payment notification.
The most common returned payment is “Account is closed or doesn’t match name submitted. There are a few reasons that the payment may not go through:”
- Check the bank account number and routing number on your payment; sometimes the wrong number is input.
- Check the account name information on your payment, which is the most common reason for this notification type.
- The system automatically populates the account name field with the resident’s name.
- If the account owner is a parent, change the account holder name to your parent’s name.
- Contact your bank to confirm that ACH payments can be withdrawn. Some banks have removed that ability, unless you call to request that option on your account.
If you think that the incorrect bank account number, routing number, or account owner name could be the reason for the returned payment, please create a new payment, with the correct account holder information.Share this information: